Paragon 28® launches comprehensive array of low profile plates to address calcaneal fracture through extensile or sinus tarsi approach-Gorilla® Calc Fracture Plating System
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., March 12, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — Since its inception, Paragon 28 has obsessed over every aspect of foot and ankle surgery. Committed to creating tailored solutions to improve surgical outcomes, Paragon 28 has launched innovative products and instrumentation that help to streamline procedures, allow surgeons flexibility in technique and approach and facilitate reproducible results benefitting both the surgeon and patient.
The Gorilla® Calc Fracture Plating System is the latest example of Paragon’s commitment to excellence. The system offers surgeons 20 total plates in three families. The system is made up of low profile lateral extensile approach plates and sinus tarsi approach plates which may be contoured intraoperatively to the surgeon’s preference. All of the plates accept 2.7, 3.5, and 4.2 mm locking and non-locking polyaxial screws allowing the surgeon to target the highest quality bone around the fracture site. Additionally, all holes have a built-in recess to reduce screw head prominence.
The Perimeter Plates are constructed from CP4 grade titanium making them particularly malleable and capable of being contoured to surgeon preference.
- There are 15 holes in the plate allowing for placement of screws around comminuted bone
The Sinus Tarsi Plates are made from Titanium (Ti-6AI-4V) for improved strength and are available in two configurations.
- The Sinus Tarsi Plates have three holes over the subtalar joint to buttress the posterior facet and three anterior holes vertically in line with the calcaneocuboid joint to capture best bone and allow for stable fracture fixation
- The Sinus Tarsi Support Plates have the aforementioned hole configuration as well as a posterior arm which extends to the posterior tuberosity of the calcaneus to increase the rigidity of the construct
As is customary with all Paragon 28 systems, this system includes procedure specific instrumentation to facilitate dissection and accurate plate placement:
- Dissection Tool
- Assists in controlled dissection of the posterior tuberosity
- Sinus Tarsi Inserter
- Allows for increased leverage and grip to facilitate positioning of plate through a small incision
- Sinus Tarsi Incision Guide
- Assists the surgeon in making minimal incisions to allow for accurate insertion of screws into the anterior and posterior holes of the plate
- Schanz Pins and T-Handle
- Threaded 4.0 and 6.0 mm pins intended to allow for increased purchase in poor bone and assist in pulling the calcaneus out of varus
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/paragon-28-launches-comprehensive-array-of-low-profile-plates-to-address-calcaneal-fracture-through-extensile-or-sinus-tarsi-approach-gorilla-calc-fracture-plating-system-300422379.html
SOURCE Paragon 28, Inc.