HDI 2017 to Feature Technical Support Industry Titans in Program Committee Leading Eight New Learning Tracks
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., March 14, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — HDI, the first membership association and certification body created for the technical support industry, plans to have some of the brightest minds in the technical support industry provide direction and insight at the 27th annual HDI Conference & Expo (HDI 2017) as they lead the eight new learning tracks that structure the event. Each learning track hones in on specific areas of technical service and support, with carefully-selected sessions that cover mission-critical topics, such as customer satisfaction, knowledge management, metrics reporting, staffing on a budget, and much more.
HDI 2017 takes place May 9-12 in Washington D.C. to learn more about the event, please visit: www.hdiconference.com
«With the help of industry heavyweights providing keen insight and guidance as track chairs, we’ve revamped the learning opportunities at this year’s conference to focus on the common challenges and obstacles of today’s tech support professionals,» said Joy Sobhani, Event Director, HDI. «More relevant than ever, the eight new learning tracks lay a foundation that focuses on the trends, processes, and technology helping support teams exceed expectations and prove their value to the business.»
Filled by long time industry experts, the 2017 program committee will pull from their experience to help direct attendees through the presentations and topics covered within the eight new learning tracks. Each learning track, led by a track chair, boasts 10 high-quality presentations with a mixture of hands-on, case study, and panel sessions that address the needs and challenges of every technical support professional—from frontline to executive. The HDI 2017 Learning Tracks & Track Chairs include:
- Evolving Desktop Support: Practical solutions to help manage desktop support teams
- Track Chair: Rae Ann Bruno, President, Business Solutions Training Inc.
- The Executive Stakeholder Perspective: For Senior Support Leaders seeking organizational improvements to lower cost, improve service delivery as well as improving productivity
- Track Chair: Pete McGarahan, Senior IT Director, Infrastructure Services, First American Title
- Putting Metrics to Work: Learn how to effectively utilize metrics and report the most meaningful KPI’s
- Track Chair: Aran McFarland, Manager, Second-Level IT Support, Main Line Health
- Reinventing the Customer Experience: Identify customer needs and learn how to provide innovative means of support
- Track Chair: Julie Mohr, Author and Speaker
- Service Desk Foundations: Where new supervisors and managers can learn the fundamentals of creating value within their organizations
- Track Chair: Eddie Vidal, Managing Director, EJV Corporation
- Service Desk Masters: For support leaders looking to demonstrate the strategic value of a professional service desk
- Track Chair: Lisa Hodges, Owner/Principal Consultant, Cornerstone Service Management
- Support Center Optimization: Learn what concepts and strategies promote operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Track Chair: Carrie Armstrong, Manager, Customer Support, Financial Information Systems, University of Pittsburgh
- Team Performance and Transformation: Covering best practices and strategies for personnel management
- Track Chair: Krista Ciccozzi, Service Desk Director, Nexworks
- Program Chair: Darien Chimoff, Senior IT Manager – Help Center, Alston & Bird LLP
- Program Advisor: Fancy Mills, Business Associate, HDI
To learn more about the learning tracks and track chairs, please visit: www.hdiconference.com/conference/tracks-static.aspx
Register for HDI 2017 by 3/17 and save $200: http://www.hdiconference.com/
Save $200 on a conference pass before the early bird discount ends on March 17, last chance to save on the event.
The Schedule Builder tool is now live: schedule.hdiconference.com/list
View, browse and sort the list of sessions by pass type, track, and format. With this Session Scheduler, you can build your schedule in advance and access it during the show via export or with the Mobile App, once live. Sessions do fill up and seating is first come, first serve, so arrive early to sessions that you would like to attend.
Founded in 1989, HDI is the first membership association and certification body created for the technical support industry. Since then, HDI has remained the source for professional development by offering the resources needed to promote organization-wide success through exceptional customer service. In other words, we help professionals in service management better serve customers. We do this by facilitating collaboration and networking, hosting acclaimed conferences and events, producing renowned publications and research, certifying and training thousands of professionals each year, and connecting solution providers with practitioners. Learn more at www.ThinkHDI.com. HDI is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hdi-2017-to-feature-technical-support-industry-titans-in-program-committee-leading-eight-new-learning-tracks-300422994.html