FreeWave Brings Industrial IoT Solutions For Utility, Smart City And Municipal Communications To IWCE 2017
LAS VEGAS, March 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — IWCE 2017 (BOOTH #768) — FreeWave Technologies, Inc. (www.freewave.com), a leader in industrial, secure Machine to Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) wireless networking solutions, is exhibiting at IWCE 2017 and offering demonstrations of its Sensor-2-Server communication solutions, as well as its full product line at booth #768. Additionally, FreeWave will lead two educational sessions on Thursday, March 30 (http://www.freewave.com/freewave-iwce-booth-768/).
Share This: Stop by @freewavetech booth 768 to demo our latest #IIoT communications for #SmartCities & municipalities www.freewave.com #IWCE2017
«We are driving toward the next frontier of ‘smart communications’ and ‘edge intelligence’ which is evident in our new products,» explained Scott Allen, CMO at FreeWave Technologies. «All the efforts around our reshaped IIoT strategy are based on direct input we have received from our customers and partners – and what they need to move their companies forward. That is the core of our R&D investments and direction, and we are excited to deliver what they have requested.»
FreeWave is introducing and offering demonstrations of the following products in its booth (#768) at IWCE:
- WaveContact Family (http://www.freewave.com/wavecontact-wireless-oilfield/) – WaveContact modular wireless systems provide rugged, simple and flexible communication solutions that are easily and quickly deployable. WaveContact products interface with a wide variety of sensors deployed in industrial and critical infrastructure markets such as oil and gas, electric power, water and wastewater and environmental monitoring. The product line is built for short-range field applications where simplicity and ease of use in Class 1 Division 1 hazardous locations are critical for success.
- ZumLink Z9-C and Z9-T (http://www.freewave.com/products/zumlink-900-series/) – Serial radio modules for OEM and Embedded wireless applications. The ZumLink Z9-C and Z9-T are ideally suited for unmanned systems and other industrial machines and solutions that require highly reliable, high-speed data communications and networking.
- WavePro (http://go.freewave.com/l/68372/2015-12-16/37myq8) – Designed to secure and transport Voice, Video, Data and Sensor (VVDS™) information, this cost-effective, high-speed, rugged wireless communication platform is specifically designed for outdoor industrial locations and has proven reliability in extreme environmental conditions. It’s an ideal field area network solution for oil and gas, utilities, mining, power plants, municipalities, disaster recovery or for any other applications that require remote and resilient Wi-Fi connectivity in nontraditional settings.
Two speaking sessions on Smart Grid, IoT and Cybersecurity at IWCE:
- FAN, Smart Grid and SCADA: The Original IoT
Thursday, March 30 in Room S224 from 10 a.m. – 11:15 a.m.
The increasing shift toward Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) tends to bring up a lot of questions about the continued value of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems that have traditionally served as the driver for monitoring and control in industrial markets. Although OT and IT are beginning to converge, there is still high demand for SCADA data. However, new technology, such as Field Area Networking (FAN), offers the opportunity for data to be used in ways that were previously not possible, such as predictive analytics. SCADA may not be obsolete, but examine how it and FAN fit into this new world of smart grids and smart cities.
- Network Management and Cybersecurity for IoT: The First Step to Smarter Cities
Thursday, March 30 in Room S224 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
IoT management systems that are able to extend control over a wide net of dissimilar technologies and provide relevant personnel with timely actionable-intelligence are essential components to these next-generation networks. Examine the hardware and software of fully-automated management systems, able to function autonomously and «intelligently» beyond the network edge to collect, analyze and decide on the best course from a set of alternative actions. Then explore the security goals you need to have in place with the influx of IoT information and the resulting IT/ OT convergence, including who is responsible for the overall security of IoT management systems.
For more information about FreeWave products, partnerships or events visit: www.freewave.com
About FreeWave Technologies
FreeWave Technologies (www.freewave.com) is a leading provider of wireless Machine to Machine (M2M) solutions that deliver reliable access to data for leading companies in the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) markets. As the #1 provider of wireless IIoT to the oil and gas industry, FreeWave’s fast, flexible and easy-to-deploy solutions streamline connectivity over long distances to also create significant operational efficiencies for government, defense and UAV/Drone contractors, agriculture equipment manufacturers, energy and smart grid networks, municipalities and more. With 20-plus years of experience in the M2M market and millions of radios deployed in the field, customers repeatedly turn to FreeWave to maximize their value in connecting M2M devices to optimize real-time decision-making.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/freewave-brings-industrial-iot-solutions-for-utility-smart-city-and-municipal-communications-to-iwce-2017-300430874.html
SOURCE FreeWave Technologies, Inc.